This magnificent trek leads you to the fine village inhabited by a wide diversity of people from different ethnic groups, offering spectacular and majestic view of the white Himalayas. As it continues to the north of the main Himalayan range on to the high and dry Tibetan Plateau, the scenery is equally breathtaking.
Annapurna Circuit trek completely around the famed Annapurna Massif offers the most diversity of any trek in Nepal fascinating ethnic groups each with their own language, incredible views of many of the Himalaya’s most famous high peaks, and constantly changing panoramas – from lush, tropical rice paddies and moss-laden rhododendron forests to Tibetan fortresses clinging to rocky cliffs.
Starting from Basilar after about 9 Hrs driving from Kathmandu, we ascend along the Marshyangdi river valley. We Annapurna Himal pass snow-capped Annapurna II, III and IV and a range of 6,000m/20,000ft peaks stretching north to Tibet. Crossing Thorong La pass (5418m/17,770ft) to reach the holy shrine of Muktinath. We then descend into the mighty Kali Gandaki Valley – the deepest river valley on the face of the earth – 7000m/23,000ft deep between Dhaulagiri and Annapurna. At the end we trek through a wonderful rhododendron forest on the Ghorepani Ridge and the picturesque Gurung villages before finishing back in the Pokhara Valley.
This magnificent trek leads you to the fine village inhabited by a wide diversity of people from different ethnic groups, offering spectacular and majestic view of the white Himalayas. As it continues to the north of the main Himalayan range on to the high and dry Tibetan Plateau, the scenery is equally breathtaking.The highest point of the trek is Thorong la pass at the top of the valley at 5416m high. Due to the difficulties of crossing the pass, the circuit is usually walked in a counter clockwise direction. Traveling clockwise the longer ascent and shorter descent from west to east is too much for many peoples to manage in one day. To top it all, the crossing of the Thorong La pass (5,416m) is a challenging ascent, surrounded by some of the most magnificent.
- Seven hour scenic drive to Pokhara with scenic view that offers
- Greenery, rivers, villages, farms and beautiful mountain scenarios.
- Experience and explore the Base camp of Annapurna (8091m), 10th highest mountain in the world.
- Close up view of Mt Fishtail and Annapurna I, Annapurna III, Annapurna South, Gandharvachuli from Machhapuchhare Base Camp & ABC.
- Explore gorgeous springs, waterfalls and Modi river in Annapurna region of Nepal.
- Beautiful lush green forest, rice field terraces and farmhouses.
- Friendly Gurung people, culture, tradition, living style and their warm hospitality